Monday, August 19, 2013

9th Week in Chivilcoy


Welp this was a good week, and long if you ask me and I can't really remember what happened....haha gosh I gotta stop saying that and just remember. That's why we write in our journal though right? :)  This morning we had a good time playing basketball, ping pong, and soccer at our branch's activity.  It was way fun and we had hamburgers for lunch! Today it is pretty warm out. The weather has been weird this week....not too cold like it should be and its not raining as much as it should. Its weird!!! Hey I got the 50 you sent me. It got here to Bragado on Tuesday this last week so it really only took like 2 weeks to get here! A lot faster than I thought! 
Anyway so I'm just gonna say that completos are really good. What are completos you might ask....they are  hot dogs, with guacamole on them. They are really surprisingly good! That's what we ate for Elder Quintana's birthday on Wednesday. Its a Chileno tradition thing. I'm not really sure but they were great!  So I wasn't gonna complain. I made sure he had a much better birthday here in Bragado than I did. Haha me and my pancake for a cake. I made him an omelet for breakfast, completos for lunch, and we bought ice cream at night. Basically all food but we don't get lunch with members here so he was completely happy with that! He turned 20. 

So as for my week....it was just a lot of walking and trying to find new people. We had a pretty difficult week towards the beginning and hadn't really found anyone. But we taught an older man named Hector and his granddaughter. We thought they were just kinda being nice and letting us in to talk to them. Turns out they were and weren't really that interested! haha BUT....we went back to see how they were and the older guy's daughter answered the door and said "Oh its you I'll get the little book you left my dad" and disappeared.....we were just like uh oh they didn't want anything to do with it. So when she got back she said she couldn't find the book but get this, the next thing she told us was "You guys are Mormons right? I LOVE Mormons! you guys are just the best nicest people ever!" Haha super surprising! But she said she used to live with a member and couldn't get baptized because they were breaking the law of chastity....well they aren't now so she super wants to get baptized! Great lady. Her name is Natalia. And she has the cutest little 8 year old daughter that wants to get baptized too. :) Yay miracles. 

So that's really all I can remember that was super great. We had M**** and her daughter L***** in church yesterday. M**** gets baptized this Saturday! Wooh! And an investigator named G**** that the other elders brought. She only stayed for the second hour though. Anyway that's all.

I love you all and I was sad to hear about Bishop Esplin getting released....he is a great man and I was really looking forward to him still being my bishop when I got back. Oh well I'm sure the new one will be great as well. Love you all and have a great week!

Un Besito, Elder Wells

 Questions:
Who is your guess for our new bishop?  um....dad! haha just kidding, I would like Dirk Anderson as a bishop :)
Have you received that card with $50 in it yet? yep last Tuesday thank you!!!
Have you ever been to the Argentina CCM? Inside no....outside yes. How long will Parker be there?
Is D**** still set for baptism on Aug 24th? he just kinda fell off the face of the earth.....no progress
Any progress on M*** who was confused by Jehovah's Witnesses? yeah! we had a great lesson with him last week and he was supposed to come to church but didnt show up. still not sure what happened
Have you met the new senior couple and was he already made branch president?  yeah they are sitting next to me doing ciber. Flia. Alldredge from Mesa Arizona. They are great! No he's not branch pres yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment