Monday, August 26, 2013

10th Week in Chivilcoy Sur

Weeeeellp this was an interesting week with highs and lows. I am almost out of time already though so I will have to make it a bit shorter if I can! 
First big thing was that we had a long first half of the week with not much success. We didn't find hardly any new people to teach except one. Her name is Gladis and she loves church. She came for the second time yesterday and she seems to have liked it, we haven't talked to her since then. But she's great! Also her parents are investigating with the other elders here. Baptisms next month! Yay! 
Next we had concilio (leadership council) on Friday in president's house. It was great! My comp went to his old area though to a baptism of an investigator so I was solo. It was really inspiring though and we have a lot of new goals for the zone. Fun stuff. :) Funny story, they talked about not telling people our first names out of respect for the title Elder. And president as an example said "Yeah I know you all for 2 years but you're not going to hear me say, "HEY RYAN STOP DOING DUMB STUFF!" haha I was super taken aback when he yelled my name. Haha its weird that it was weird to hear my name...I think that makes sense. :)





Zone Leaders in BAW


Next we had our baptism on Saturday of Maria!


She really wanted to be baptized....the only thing is that she didn't want hardly anyone at her baptism because she has a phobia of being with a lot of people. So it was small. But we were super disappointed that she didn't show up for her confirmation Sunday!!!!! NOOOOOO it was the most stressful Sunday of my life and the first time that's happened in my mission :( we even looked for her with an hermano....her husband wouldnt let her go. Anyway next week she said she is coming si o si....  :)
Well that's about all for this week, I'm tired of typing. But I love you all! Thanks for all your love and support have a great week!

Un Besito, Elder Wells


QUESTIONS:
Did you buy your comp's birthday lunch for him? yeah
Did Maria get baptized last Saturday? yeah but not confirmed
Any news on Natalia and her 8 year old being taught and interested? we havent been able to find her!!!!
Did Martin ever come to church? Nope he fell off the face of the earth....or better said he doesn't answer his cell phone
How is the weather treating you these days? fine....it was super hot last week and now its cold again
Any chance you'll get to attend a temple session before your mission is up and have you ever even been to one since you've been there? yeah right before going to the airport we do a session with pres. We went last Christmas remember
How are the Aldredges helping your branch and missionary efforts? They are doing well and visiting the members

No comments:

Post a Comment